2009年11月5日 星期四

客製化MOSS ALERT的EMAIL內容

I am trying to customize the alert notifications for a task list. I got to remove the “Description” field content and the “Title” field content from the email notifications that is being sent when a task is changed or assigned to somebody. I did the following steps for accomplishing the same:

1. I took a copy of the alerttemplates.xml and copied c:\temp folder in the server.

2. I added the field name “Description” in both the tags “ImmediateNotificationExcludedFields” and “DigestNotificationExcludedFields” under the SPAlertTemplateType.Tasks.

ID;Author;Title;Description;Editor;Modified_x0020_By;Created_x0020_By;_UIVersionString;ContentType;TaskGroup;IsCurrent;Attachments;NumComments;

ID;Author;Title;Description;Editor;Modified_x0020_By;Created_x0020_By;_UIVersionString;ContentType;TaskGroup;IsCurrent;Attachments;NumComments;

3. I did the above changes, saved the file, did an IISRESET and ran the command updatealerttemplates command using STSADM.exe.

4. I changed an item in a task and saved it.

5. The email that I received was not having the title in it, but the content in the “Description” field is still appearing and I need to exclude the same from the email notifications.

I tried this quite a number of times, but no luck. I am still seeing the Description field content in the email notifications that I receive.

I searched for all the possible options but could not get any beak through in this. If possible, I would like to help me out with this and also let me know, if there is any constraints in implementing this. Thanks in advance.

沒有留言: